Smoothie with beetroot and cashew cream
These delicious smoothies will appeal not only to beet lovers, but to those who do not like beetroot. The beetroot smoothie taste sweet and creamy at the same time. I will serve them for Christmas this year as they are an excellent and healthy snack. Incidentally, beetroot has so many great qualities, for example, it is also considered a “mood brightener” because it can increase the value of our happiness hormone.
Here are some other great facts:
- Beetroot regulates blood pressure
- Beet protects the heart and blood vessels
- Beet protects liver and bile
- Beet protects against cancer
- Beetroot helps to detoxify the body
- Beetroot provides folic acid for pregnant women
To benefit from the healing powers of beetroot, you should always eat it raw and fresh, as many vital substances can be destroyed by heat. Even produced juices should be avoided as they also lose their valuable substances during storage.
Beetroot smoothie recipe
Quantity: about 2 glasses
- 100g beetroot
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 glass of plant milk of your choice
- 2 dates (gutted)
- 60g cashews
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch of vanilla
- Let the cashews soak in filtered water overnight or in hot water for 2h.
- Meanwhile, peel the beetroot and cut it into small pieces (note: the hands turn pink quickly).
- In your high-performance mixer mix the cashews with their bath water, the dates and the vanilla nicely creamy (can take a while).
- If necessary, add a little more vegetable to the desired consistency.
- Now set the finished cream aside. Now the beetroot is mixed with the plant milk and the frozen banana pieces.
- Tp the finished smoothie can be added protein powder as desired.
- Now you can serve the smoothies and sprinkle vanilla or matcha on the cream topping.
→ If the consistency is too thick for you, dilute it with water or more plant milk.
I wish you wonderful holidays. Share your smoothie with me on Instagram. Tag me in your pictures and I share your creations!
Cheers Joana ♡