Christmas cake – vegan & gluten free
This beautiful vegan x-mas cake has become one of my favorite christmas kitchen rituals. It tastes spicy, fruity and like christmas.
Christmas Cake Recipe
Amount: ca. 1 small cake
- 150g of buckwheat flour
- 30g chopped nuts (about a handful or more who likes it nutty)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed flour (or broken)
- 2 tablespoons dextrose (or birch sugar)
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar beet syrup (or maple syrup)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (or rapeseed oil)
- 200 ml black tea (1 teaspoon loose tea in boiling water for 3 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon of citric acid
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder (or fresh)1/3 tsp cardamom
- 1/3 tsp anise
- 20g raisins (optional)
- 6 dried figs
- 1 handful of fresh cranberries (or dried)
3 El xylitol powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- Leave the black tea in 250 ml of hot water for about 3 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- The moist ingredients, as well as the tea to go and mix everything well.
- Lift the dried fruits and cranberries under the dough.
- Grease a small cake pan and spread the dough well.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- While waiting, the cream can be stirred and thickened briefly.
- When the cake has cooled, the cast can be applied.
The cake is ready when the toothpick sample stops sticking sticky dough..→ Baking time approx. 35 minutes to 190 degrees (Attention, baking time may vary as I bake with gas)
Did you like the recipe? Tell me about your results or share it on Instagram and tag me.
My favorite products from the shop
Visit my Shop