Simple recipe for crispy potato millet balls in different flavors
Before I describe the balls, I have to get rid of the fact that I love them. They are crispy from the outside and soft from the inside. The potato gives the vegan balls a creamy texture and the millet as an antagonist, bringing bite into the game, so they keep their solid shape. Actually, I do not eat millet often, but often mash it to flour for my gluten-free breads. I like to prepare them when I get a visit, as they are a super fingerfood. But also for travel and as a side dish to the salad, they are great. If you want to try the recipe directly, but do not have millet in stock, then you can also use rice. Best a dry and pearly variety like long grain or brown rice. Quinoa I had also used before, but it makes the balls too soggy and damp from the inside.
A recipe with 100 possibilities
The beauty of this recipe is the versatility. You can spice up the puff pastry to your taste and refine it with fresh herbs. Whether tomato balls with corn or sweet potato balls with sesame crust: D Everything is possible. Please write to me which taste policy you have created.
Vegan Potatoe Millet Bites
Amount: c30-40 pieces
- 250g potatoes
- 80g millet (weight uncooked)
- corn breadcrumbs (is gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons potato flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- coconut oil for frying
- 80g cooked peas
- 2-3 leaves Dill
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 teaspoons red Curry paste
- 1 teaspoons Miso (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoons Chilli powder
- Cook the millet with approx. 250ml according to the package instructions and allow to cool well.
- While doing so, cook the potato until soft and allow to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients from the first list in a bowl. Tap the potatoes with a pestle. Tip: The hands can be used to knead the ingredients together.If you would like to make three different flavors, divide the main dough into three jars.
- For the pea balls, mix the listed ingredients small in a blender and then knead it with the potato millet dough.
- For the curry variant you just knead the ingredients.
- For the neutral version you use only the main dough and taste it again with salt and pepper.
- Moisten your hands and then form small portions of round balls and then roll them on a plate with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a lot of coconut oil in a pan and the balls fry for a few minutes and crispy. Bon Appetite!
Rolled in breadcrumbs:
Flavors like Curry & Pea-dill:
Final fried milled snack bites: