Vegan mushroom pan with cream
Because there was such a big request for a recipe of my mushroom picture on Instagram, you’ll finally get the recipe. It’s very simple and theoretically you only need a few ingredients. Mushrooms, onions, plant based cream and herbs. You can refine this sauce with garlic and some light balsamic or white wine vinegar. Of course, the dish tastes best with fresh herbs. I recommend using fresh thyme leaves for cooking and finally garnish the dish with fresh parsley. An alternative are also frozen herbs like the “herbal of Provence” mixture from the supermarket. I have used 2 different mushroom varieties for this recipe. All sorts of mushrooms are suitable for a cream sauce. That’s why I recommend you to decide seasonally or to use your favorite ones. I also like to use fresh mushrooms combined with dried mushrooms. You just have to soften it in warm water and then simply add it to the pan to fry. Have fun cooking and enjoy your dish.
Vegan mushroom sauce recipe
Menge: 2 portions
- 200 g pack of small mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 4 shitake mushrooms (or Oyster)
- 1 package of soy cream or oat cuisine (about 200 ml)
- 100 ml vegetable milk (or soy cream)
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh pepper & salt
- As a side dish you can cook 500 g small potatoes or noodles
- Cut the mushrooms into strips and cut the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat very little oil in a deep frying pan. Lightly fry the mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Deglaze the whole with the cream and simmer for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Season with salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Garnish with fresh parsley as desired.
Visit my Blogshop: