No bake vegan Amaranth biscuits with only 3 ingredients
Hello everyone, finally you will get a different cookie recipe for your Christmas baking. You may already know Amaranth bars from the drugstores. These biscuits are very similar in consistency to these bars. They are not like regular cookies at all, as they do not have to be baked and are much more healthy. Like most of my other recipes, it can be easily customized. For example you can color the amaranth talers with superfood powder, matcha or liquid chocolate.
What’s so special about this Amaranth Cookies?
- Ton bake
- They are gluten-free, vegan, fructose-poor
- They are free from refined sugar
- They are a healthy snack alternative
Amaranth cookie recipe
Quantity: about 10 pieces depending on the size of the mold
- 100 g puffed amaranth
- 130 g of cocoa butter (organic store)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- If desired: 1 tsp spice (e.g., cinnamon / matcha / cocoa powder)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl together .
- Carefully melt the cocoa butter in a hot water bath or in the microwave.
- Now add the syrup to the liquid cocoa butter and pour both into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix the mixture well with a spoon, so that there are no more dry spots.
- Cover a wooden board with baking paper and press spoonfuls of amaranth into round biscuit molds. (Cold spoons work best)
- Keep the board in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so that the cocoa butter can become firm again.
→ The batter looks very dry and loose at the beginning. Do not worry, the consistency changes after cooling.
I’m curious how your amaranth cookies look. Tag me on Instagram in your pictures and I share your creations!
Your Joana ♡
Christmas presents from my shop: