Stuffed sweet potatoes with vegan pulled soy and Asian BBQ sauce
Inspired by the Turkish stuffed baked potatoes called “Kumpir”, I show you in this recipe a very different variation of an stuffed potato.
I’ve come up with a vegan filling that is perfect for this wintry season and brings a bit of BBQ flair. I am using Asian coleslaw with red cabbage, carrots and black sesame seeds and sweet and spicy hoisin dressing for the soy fillets. If you don’t like soy, you can use mushrooms as a substitute. I am very curious if you like it 😉
Asian stuffed sweet potatoes recipe
Quantity: 2 big sweet potatoes and 50 g dried soy fillets
Ingredients BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sambaolek
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (bio)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Bake the sweet potatoes on a baking tray with baking paper or in a baking dish for 40-60 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees.
When the potatoes are soft, cut in and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking in the oven, you prepare the soy filet. Soak the fillets in hot water with vegetable stock for about 15 minutes.
- Drain off the water and let the fillets steep for another 15 minutes in the Asian dressing.
- Then heat all sauce ingredients in a pan and if necessary add 2-3 tbsp of water if it gets too dry.
- Fill the warm potatoes with the vegan coleslaw (see below) and the soy.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander – enjoy!
Vegan coleslaw recipe
Quantity: 1 large bowl
- 2 big carrots
- about 500g red cabbage (1/5 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame
- 125g Unsweetened yoghurt based on coconut
- 1 big glove garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1.5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Tahini (white)
- 2 tb soy sauce
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Also wash the red cabbage and cut it into very fine slices with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, mix all the moist ingredients.
- Press the garlic and ginger in a garlic press and add to the dressing.
- Now mix the carrots and red cabbage with the dressing and leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Season the salad again and season if necessary.
I am excited to hear your feedback! Visit me also on Instagram and Pinterest.
Visit my Shop:
[recipe-grid cat=”salzig” posts=”3″ grid=”third” excerpt=”no”]Auch lecker[/recipe-grid]