Vegan lentil soup with roasted masala carrots
2 toes of black garlic
2 teaspoons of Garam Masala
1 tsp sweet pepper
200 ml of orange juice
600 ml of water
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of cumin (optional)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Salt + pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
Soy cream as a topping + black sesame
- Cut one of the carrots with the garlic cloves into small pieces and fry them with 1 tsp garam masala and paprika powder and tomato paste. Wash the lentils and add 600ml of water to the pot. Cook everything for 20 minutes.
- Cut the remaining 2 carrots into strips and steam them in the pan until they are tender. Fry with coconut oil and garam masala.
- If the lentils are soft after 20 minutes, the orange juice may be added.
- Mash the soup roughly with a blender.
- Season with pepper and salt and season to taste a little lemon.
- Garnish vegan cream, carrots and sesame on the soup. Bon Appetit!
The black garlic is for some a culinary novelty in the supermarket. This is actually white garlic, which has been smoked gently and thus has changed in its appearance, taste and texture. As a result, it loses its moisture, becomes softer / tougher and tastes slightly sweet-sourly like caramel and reminds a bit of licorice or plum. Sounds exciting, right? You can replace white garlic with black garlic in the kitchen as normal. It has the advantage that it is less severe in taste and smell and therefore can be processed raw in food. I am definitely a fan of black garlic.