With this recipe, I have brought my old childhood dreams to life. At that time there was nothing better than to hear that there was milk rice today in kindergarten or later in the cafeteria for lunch. As soon as you got older, the milk rice unfortunately disappeared more and more from the scene. However, as I am a big fan of rice and often cook Asian rice, I noticed over time how fast the rice in the pot gets a firm shape. This realization became the basis of this cake idea. With the help of the raspberry chia topping and the date coconut ground, the rice pudding has turned into a pretty cake. Thanks to this creation no packet of rice pudding will remain untouched.
The vegan milk rice cake is:
- super easy and fast to prepare,
- creamy and fruity at the same time,
- vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and allergy-friendly,
- made only from healthy ingredients,
- an eye-catcher for every occasion.Incidentally, rice rice is wonderfully made from rice pudding. Since it has a sticky quality, it is very suitable for gluten-free and vegan baking. All you need is an electric coffee grinder.
What do you need for the recipe?
- Blender or blender
- If necessary, the leftovers of the coconut milk
- A 15 centimeter small and high cake pan (this one)
Milk rice cake recipe
Quantity: 1 small cake
♥ The rice pudding is little sweetened. Uses more to taste.
- 100 g coconut flakes
- 250 g rice pudding
- 1 liter of coconut milk or vegetable milk
- 1/2 cup birch sugar (or cane sugar) *
- 1 vanilla pod (or 1/2 tsp ground vanilla)
- 100 g coconut flakes (or ground almonds)
- 10 dates
- 250 g raspberries
- 3 chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cook the rice pudding according to the packaging instructions. That means you pour the water (I mixed water with coconut milk) into the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Then you add the rice pudding, sugar and vanilla and boil it over a low heat for about 35 minutes. Remember to stir regularly, as it can quickly stick to the bottom and burn. If you also want coconut flakes in rice, add them to the pot 15 minutes before the end.
- In the meantime you prepare the rough ground. The dates should be soaked in hot water for about 30 minutes. Pick up some of the water and put the dates in the blender. Mix with small pauses until a firm paste is formed. If it does not want to be so creamy, then you add a little more liquid. Now the rasps come piece by piece into the blender. Eventually, the mixed mass becomes too thick and can not be mixed further. Now you can knead the remaining flakes by hand, if the soil seems too wet.
- Now prepare the cake pan. It is best to place them on the ground with baking paper so that the cake can later be moved more easily onto a plate. Press the date cocoa mass evenly on the ground and set it aside until the rice pudding is ready.
- We are now preparing the topping. The raspberries are washed and tested on a small plate. So you can see if they are enough to cover the cake with. A small handful of raspberries is mashed with the blender and 2 tablespoons of water (you can also use a fork). Then add 3 tablespoons chia seeds to the raspberry-water mixture. Wait 10-20 minutes for the mass to thicken. If you still find it too fluid, add a little more chia seeds.
- The finished, vegan coconut milk rice can be added directly to the prepared cake pan. To do this, press the masses evenly layer by layer with a spoon into the mold. So you prevent air holes. The milk rice cake should now cool to room temperature and then put in the fridge again.
- After 4 hours it has cooled down so far that it has taken a firm form. You can also let the milk rice cake cool overnight in the fridge.
Then the almost finished rice pudding cake can be carefully removed from the mold. Before you fill it with fresh raspberries, it is still coated with the raspberry chia jelly. Finished!
You can choose the taste yourself. Decide how much the cake should taste like coconut by exchanging the water with coconut milk. You can also use nut milk, soy milk or other liquids. Likewise, you can change the topping and use blueberries or strawberries. If you do not have chias on hand, you can also replace the berry cream with jam and simply place the fresh fruits on top.
I would love to know how the recipe turn out for you. Visit me on Instagram and Pinterest.
Favorite products from the Shop
[recipe-grid cat=”suesses” posts=”3″ grid=”third” excerpt=”no”]Auch lecker[/recipe-grid]