Kale pesto is the perfect season substitution to basil in winter time! Kale should be eaten raw because of it’s many nutrients.
This pesto is perfect for:
- Salad dressing
- Pasta sauce
- For seasoning other dishes
Why is kale healthy?
Kale with its high nutrient density is one of the healthiest vegetable out there and therefore it’s a real superfood. It contains the vitamins A, C and K, provides iron, potassium and magnesium, which are good for the bones as well as important antioxidants and lutein, which protects our eye and improves the sight. It is also said that it can protect against cancer and other inflammation. So it is worth to cook more often dishes with kale.
Kale Pesto Recipe
Amount: 2 glases
- 2 hands of sliced kale
- 1 glove garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 1 hand full of walnuts or almonds
- 2 tsp yeast flakes (for cheese taste / optional)
- some water for consistency (about 4 tbsp)
- salt & pepper
- Wash the kale, remove the stalks and slice the leaves.
- First place the nuts in the kitchen machine and mix once.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and mix everything to a creamy texture.
- If the desired consistency is not yet correct, simply add more water or kale.
- Pour the finished Pesto into a clean jar and store in a refrigerator.
→ Stays up to 4 days in the refrigerator.