Dear friends of autumn. Today I’m giving you a vegan Thanksgiving dessert recipe for a delicious pumpkin cream dessert. This vegan recipe is perfect for using your pumpkin leftovers. I do not know about you, but I often have a piece of pumpkin in the fridge during the winter months. These delicious jars taste a bit like creamy pumpkin pie, if you’ve ever enjoyed one. They consist of two layers, the pumpkin cream and the yogurt cream. Some people find the taste of Hokkaido pumpkin to be too intense and too savoury, which is why I weakened it’s taste with half a banana. Now some do not like bananas (absolutely absurd ; P), in which case you can use more spices and syrup.
This vegan recipe is:
- gluten free
- purely plant-based
- poor in fructose
- has low calories
- approx. 380 g hokkaido mash
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 5 tbls marble sirup
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt (vegan)
- 1/2 tsp ginger bread/cinnamon spice
- Granola for topping
- figs for decoration
1. Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and cook with water until soft.
2. Drain 3/4 of the water and puree the rest with a hand mixer until creamy.
3. Add half a banana, the syrup and the spices and mix everything again.
4. Alternate the sweet pumpkin puree and the vegan yogurt layers.
Garnish with fruits like figs and granola.