Homemade apple compote with yogurt and granola
I picked these pretty little apples in the summer outside of Berlin. I had a whole bag full and 80% of the harvest went straight into small canning jars. There is nothing better than having home-made apple compote all year round. The recipe I would like to introduce you today is as always vegan and gluten-free and super easy to make. Incidentally, this apple compote also goes great with my rice pie, one of the most popular recipes from my blog. The most visited recipe is of course, the mango fruit gum: D Interesting or?
Vegan apple compote recipe
Quantity: 2 large preserving jars
- 700 g apples
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 200 ml of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon real cinnamon (or a cinnamon stick)
- 2 vegan natural yogurts (about 2x125g)
- Gluten-free granola
- Wash the apples (peel as desired) and cut into small slices.
- Boil the apple pieces with the water, syrup and lemon in a pot with lid for 20 minutes.
- As soon as it bubbles properly, the heat turns down a bit. Stir the compote occasionally.
- Meanwhile, wash out a few recycled glasses of boiling water and drain them.
- Pour the finished compote into either the canning jars or serve directly in the dessert glasses.
- The dessert can be garnished with crispy granola.
→ The compote is ready when the apple pieces are soft and a flexible mass has formed.
Love Joana ♡
Products from my blog shop ♥